Prestige Worldwide Sports Academy COVID-19 Protocol
ATHLETE, STAFF, AND ACADEMY HEALTH AND SAFETY ACTIONS
It is always the desire and goal to make sure our entire Academy is provided with
the proper level of care, which includes following all national, state, and local healthcare
guidelines and medical practices. It is important to be aware that during the COVID-19 pan-
demic we will follow these same guidelines and will continue to evolve as medical advances,
procedures, and treatment plans are developed. Plans and contingencies will be created to
help provide flexibility as guidelines from these supervising entities develop.
ATHLETE, STAFF, AND DEVELOPMENT PREVENTION EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Symptoms: Fever, cough, shortness of breath, and loss of sense of smell or taste, but
other symptoms may be present as well
What to do if you experience any of these?
- Contact a coach, trainer, or other academy staff member immediately for directions
- Utilizing our athletic trainer(s) and urgent care centers/walk-in clinics will also be options
- CALL 911 if you are experiencing trouble breathing, persistent pain, or pressure in your
chest, inability to arouse or confusion, bluish lips or face
“How Do I Protect Myself?” • Avoid anyone who is sick or are in the identified high-risk groups • Follow state and local prevention guidelines
- Wear face mask in all team transportation and indoor areas where it is required (gym, hotel, opposing team facilities)
- Cover mouth when coughing, blowing nose and sneezing – throw tissues away immediately • Wash hands for 20 seconds with soap and water – perform this throughout the day and
especially after any contact. Do not touch face, eyes or mouth until you have washed your
- Hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol can be used if the only option
- A cleanroom or for commuters your home regularly with appropriate disinfectants
- Practice social distancing (6 feet) and avoid close contact
- Do not gather in groups in indoor close proximity
- Practice great standard hygiene
- No sharing of personal items, objects or effects – water bottles, cups, towels, etc. • Limit touching surfaces, objects, etc. that are unnecessary
- Only go to places outside of your home that is for necessities or items you require to
function; Wear a face mask during these times and only go by yourself and practice social distancing.
- Wash hands immediately upon returning
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes doorknobs, tables, countertops, desks, phones, and keyboards.
- Practice social distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from others (who do not live in your household).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- When coughing or sneezing, always cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow. Throw any used tissues in the trash and immediately wash your hands.
- Avoid exposure to others who are ill, and if you yourself are ill, please stay home. Get medical care if necessary.
- Monitor your health daily and be alert for symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
For the most up-to-date, accurate information about COVID-19, here are some external resources: